Friday, December 11, 2009

I have a 50s vintage green prom dress - hair and makeup?

I've been looking for ideas for vintage makeup and hair ideas to go with my prom dress, which has a balloon skirt, and is pastel/light green with a sage sash and bow. I was thinking something along the lines of a french twist or simple bun for an updo, but have no idea for makeup. Help would be greatly appreciated!I have a 50s vintage green prom dress - hair and makeup?
As you have an original 1950s prom dress, I think you should go for the entire 50s glamour style and look. You tube is great for ideas and there are loads of cool vintage-istas on there with advice and styling tips. Go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as5q5Wi6wgI There is loads of videos to look at so just have a browse. These ladies make it look really easy to get Dita Von Teese and Monroe glamour.I have a 50s vintage green prom dress - hair and makeup?
The dress sounds gorgeous! Haha, and I think you should wear your hair down, with curls and your bangs up in a clip, and for make up - go simple, just wear mascara. :D You'll look great!
For hair, leave it down, slightly wavy, but natural looking, and makeup, a black line on upper eyelid with mascara and even out your skintone with foundation if necessary.
An updo is great for that type of dress.


Think soft makeup with coral red lips.


Hope you like my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin