Thursday, June 24, 2010

';Going Green'; makeup?

what are some organic or natural or healthy for the environment brands of makeup that actually look good when applied?


also, is aveda a good brand?





thanks:D';Going Green'; makeup?
A couple of words about natrual and organic when it comes to makeup, they are meaningless. A product can be 99% chemical and put 1% essential oil and call it natural. The cosmetics industry is unregulated, and they aren't required to list ingredients on their lables.





I don't have the time and energy to research all the brands so I do a couple things, I rely on the advice of 2 authors who have the resources to do the work for me. I have he books Easy Green Living by Renee Loux and Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano, both books have a list of great products. I also use the website I listed in source. The data base lists 1000's of beauty products rates it's safety and tells you what is in it. I personally strive to find products that are rated at 3 or better.





Aveda is a good brand, but not all of their products are considered safe. There are a few items that are in the high hazard range.





';Going Green'; makeup?
If you must wear makeup, then kudos to you for trying to seek out a good brand. But the most organic goop for your face is none at all. Try cutting back a little at a time - tinted moisturizer instead of foundation, chapstick. Using less is healthy for you, and consuming fewer resources is good for the planet, too.
I know Nicole Miller has a line with melaleuca (a health and wellness company all green products) but in order to purchase it you have to be a member of melaleuca. I'm not sure if Nicole Miller only sells exclusively thru this company but if your interested in being a member contact me at greenliving2008@hotmail.com.
The Body Shop may be a store worth looking into. They claim none of their products are tested on animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin